My dad installed my washer & drier this morning before they came 'round to see us at 9ish and as soon as we'd had a cup of tea and the kids had had some time to play with and talk to Gran & Grandad we headed over to the house... my dad installed the cooker (which involved cutting part of the countertop, removing some tiles, and moving the cabinet too! ) and I did a second coat of gloss in the livingroom. THe livingroom was the one that we opened the second tin to find it was completely the wrong colour.... well the third tin, that my parents brought, was a different colour again!! All variants of each other but still, not what I was call 'minor differences' but it wasn't as ugly as the second tin so I just used it and repainted the window frame & the skirtings.
Adam built a couple of chests of drawers for our room while I was painting the livingroom, and my mum attempted to build Alexander's new bed but she had Alexander & Kathryn 'helping' so that didn't go very well!! Eventually Alexander went off to a birthday party and my mum & Kathryn cleaned the bathroom & kitchen cabinets too... then my dad helped my mum (and Kathryn!) build Alexander's new bed too.
Meanwhile, I did the gloss in Kathryn's room, Adam did a second coat of paint in Kathryn's room, and in the downstairs hall, and then my dad started carpetting the stairs/landing as well. As it turns out the carpet they bought looks really lovely with the gloss colour that we had for the hall, which is a total coincidence but it's really nice!!!
We came back here for dinner and put the kids to bed then headed back over to the house at about 8.30; I finished the first coat of gloss in Kathryn's room and Adam did the gloss in our room too. My mum built a bookshelf and my dad fitted a temporary shower for us! (He'll put in a proper one later in the year when he has more time, but it was just a temporary solution as we only had a bath and no shower nozzle!!)
So am pretty tired but another busy day tomorrow; my parents are leaving just after 3 though so it won't be a long day, just lots to do before they leave! I'm hoping to finish the gloss in Kathryn's room (will need a second coat tomorrow!) and put the wallpaper border up and I need my dad to show me the best way to put the beading down around the floors....
We're hoping to move a bunch of furniture in on Wednesday, including our computer as the phoneline is getting disconnected on Tuesday anyway. And then the plan is to sleep there on Friday night for the first time; I'm away all day on Saturday for a choir thing unfortunately but at least Adam will be in the house and able to do some unpacking then!!!
Anyhoo, off to beddybyes now; night night!
No comments:
Post a Comment