Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Day 2 of painting etc! :)

I say Day 2 only because we got our keys on 'Day 1' but I didn't actually DO much on Day1, just some measuring and putting stuff in the house etc! But anyway...

I had a lovely day painting today, very productive! I painted the ceiling in my bedroom, which needed two coats as they'd painted it a milky tea colour and I did the living room and Kathryn's bedroom's ceilings too. I did the window frames and window sills in my bedroom (hehe I suppose it's 'our' bedroom but oh well! ) too which have turned out lovely - the colour is 'coffee liquer' and it's brown but ooh it's really nice! And I painted Kathryn's room's base coat too, and my friend Cheryl came over and she did the living room walls' base coat while I was doing the ceiling in there... and she stayed painting it while I went for my midwife appointment too so by the time I got back the livingroom was all painted!!

(All went well at the midwife appointment; STILL no sugar in my pee! SO Pleased, that's me 18 weeks and normally I have sugar in pee by 12 weeks if not sooner!!! Fingers crossed it stays out and maybe it'll result in me having a slightly smaller baby this time! haha! Blood pressure good, bumpie where it should be, heard heartbeat again so very happy!!)

My thighs are still aching from whatever it was that I did yesterday - must have just been running up and down the stairs that did it but owwww!!! but otherwise I'm not too bad today - tired out, but not nearly as exhausted as I was yesterday!!! Think my arms will be sore tomorrow, after all of the ceilings I painted today!

Tomorrow I will be painting the walls in my bedroom and the livingroom though as they're both the same colours - I'll be very happy if I can actually get both of them painted, but Cheryl is planning on coming again tomorrow afternoon, and Adam finishes work at 3 so he might come over by 3.30/4ish too to help for a while!
I have a few errands to run tomorrow mornign though so I'll be a bit late starting; have to open up toddler group, and pick up some boxes, and buy some potatos, and buy a fridge for our new house too!

Today's mishap was that I broke my extension pole for my paint roller which is a shame cos I really liked the long pole both for ceilings and for walls - made it go faster!! Might see if I have a mop or something that has a detachable pole I can steal!
(Yesterday's mishap: I wasn't actually planning on painting at all yesterday as the house was so cold with the heaters having been off all month... but anyway I was having a cuppa so I thought in the meantime I'd go up and try the paint in kathryn's room and see if it would need two coats, so I painted a wee bit with the brush and went to re-dip my paintbrush in the paint and dipped it in my tea instead! oooooops!!! )

I've almost run out of the white ceiling/wall paint that I bought a MASSIVE tub of, but I hadn't taken into consideration that I'd use it for the base paint for the livingroom and Kathryn's room... I still have Alexander's room, the kitchen and the hall ceilings to paint... my parents do have some but I'm really really really hoping to be finished painting by the time they come! So might have to fork out and buy some more ceiling paint locally which WILL cost a fortune! but will use the rest of my paint first and see what I've got!! Maybe will paint Alexander's ceiling blue as it's supposed to be the sky anyway!

Last night just as I was going to bed my dad called to say they were in the process of ordering my appliances :) Although I'd hoped he'd be able to get one or two of them from his kitchen fitting people (at a very reduced price) but no luck there... but then again it's very nice to have new appliances for my new house! So he has bought (well, with my credit card, but still!) a washing machine, a tumble drier, and a cooker, and as I said I'm going to buy my fridge tomorrow.


It's all so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Sami | from Chubby Cheeks