This morning I ordered all of Alexander's birthday stuff - he's having a Mr Men theme for his birthday this year so I ordered that, and while I was there I also ordered Kathryns - even though it's still a while away I thought I might as well, rather than pay the postage twice! Also if I order it now I'll have to keep the guest list low lol, as only bought 8 of each for her party! Haha! Alexander had already written his so he's actually going to have 12 if everyone comes, including little siblings. We will hire out the church hall again though as it's only £10 and it keeps the mess and chaos away from the house!!
My parents have gone to Ikea today for me to buy that blue mid-sleeper bed that I wanted for Alexander for the new house. And they bought a red door for Kathryn's wardrobe, and one of those mosquito net bed canopy things for Kathryn's bed too :) and new bathroom fittings for loo roll and hand towel too.
Anyway; Eilidh, who had Alexander overnight last night, called about 12.30 and said she'd be there in half an hour so said she should stay for lunch so we had a fry up for lunch which was super yummy but very unmotivating! :)
But then she had time to spare so said she'd come paint with me, so we left Adam with her daughter (who is a year younger than Alexander) and with our two, and we went to do some painting. We didn't actually go over 'til about 2.30 cos we were so full :) but we did a base coat in the bathroom and then a girl from my choir arrived to help out too just as we were nearly finished the bathroom, so her and I went upstairs to start Alexander's room - we sanded the skirting and the window in there and she painted the skirting while I was finishing sanding and taping up the window. We left at about 5 as we thought we'd left Adam with the kids for long enough!
Eilidh was getting an indian takeaway for dinner so Adam went down with her and got one for us too so had that for dinner and put the kiddies to bed afterwards.
My dad called tonight too, and we've decided to carpet the stairs and the landing rather than the stairs and our bedroom - he needs the flooring from somewhere to repair the livingroom floor, and was going to take up our bedroom floor but decided the landing would be easier (and cheaper to carpet!) so they're going to buy the carpet tomorrow.
He's also said that later in the year, once we're moved in and settled, he'll replace our sink and countertops in the kitchen at trade prices for us. :) And he's also gonna put in a power shower at some point; right now we only have a bath so he's going to come up with a short term solution for us getting a shower, but then later install a proper shower for us too. My daddy's great!!!
Just watched Lost that we recorded last night, wow it's confusing!
Off to read a chapter or two of my book before sleeps..... hoping to be painting most of tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment